What happens if I cancel a session or fail to show up for my scheduled session?
We appreciate that sometimes things change at the last minute and you are unable to attend as planned. In all cases, please cancel your place on our booking app as soon as you become aware that you cannot attend in order to free up the space and allow anyone who may be waiting for a slot to book on.
In the event of you cancelling your space inside 60-minutes of the scheduled start time, or failing to show up, if the session was fully booked prior to you cancelling/no-showing, a £10 late cancel/no-show will be automatically charged.
What if my payment fails?
If your payment fails, we will notify you within 48 hours and provide you with a link to update your payment information. Normally it is simply a case that your card details have changed and you’ve not provided us with the updated information. Following a failed payment, provided your payment details have been updated and payment has been processed within 7-days, your membership will be unaffected.
If your payment remains outstanding after 7-days unfortunately we will have to revoke your session booking access to until payment has been made. Should a payment remain outstanding beyond 14-days an additional £10 late payment fee will be automatically applied.
In all cases, the term of your membership agreement and commitment to future membership payments remains unaffected
I’m unable to attend BTF for a short period, can I pause my membership?
We offer the facility to be able to pause your membership for 1 month during the term of your membership agreement. Your monthly membership will not be charged for the month you have chosen to pause however an additional month will be added to the term of your agreement. You can only use the pause facility once during your membership term.
If you wish to use a 1-month pause facility, please e-mail us at: [email protected]
If you are still unable to attend sessions in the gym for a prolonged period, you will have the option to downgrade to our BTF “Lite” membership and continue your membership term on that level.
What is The BTF ‘Lite’ membership?
The BTF ‘Lite’ membership is £35 per month and provides you with access to our on-demand and regularly updated online sessions which you can do from anywhere with no specialist gym equipment required. You’ll also retain full access to our community and be able to access our team for their guidance on your fitness journey.
When you are able to return to in-person sessions you can upgrade back to a standard membership with gym access or see out the remainder of your membership term on the ‘lite’ membership.
What if my circumstances change and I want to cancel my membership?
BTF acknowledge that personal circumstances can change and offer a fair and reasonable cancellation policy which is over and above the guidance provided by the citizens advice bureau which you can find information about by clicking here.
You may be eligible to cancel your membership if your personal circumstances change due to any of the following reasons:
- Redundancy. If you are made redundant by your employer you may cancel your membership. We would ask you to produce a letter from your employer confirming your redundancy as supporting evidence to be able to process a cancellation request.
- Long term illness, mental health, surgery or injury. Should you be unable to or advised not to participate in exercise on medical grounds due to illness, mental health surgery or injury we would ask you to provide a letter from your GP, Consultant or an NHS medical practitioner. Unfortunately we cannot cannot accept letters from physios, osteopaths, chiropractors or therapists in private practice.
- Pregnancy. It is safe to exercise throughout pregnancy with specific modifications which your coach would advise, however we appreciate that in some cases you may not wish to or are advised not to. In order to cancel your membership, we would ask you to provide documentation from your GP, Consultant or Midwife as supporting evidence to be able to process a cancellation request.
- Requirement to care for an immediate family member. If you are required to become the primary carer for an immediate family member and wish to cancel your membership, we would ask you to provide a letter from an NHS medical practitioner on headed paper confirming as such as supporting evidence to be able to process a cancellation request.
- Re-location. If you relocate to a new address outside of a 15 mile radius from BTF, we would ask you to provide a letter from your solicitor to confirm your relocation after exchange of contracts if you are buying a property. If you are moving into private rented accommodation, a bank statement, utility or council tax bill in your name confirming your new address will be required as evidence to be able to process a cancellation request.
The Following documentation is accepted as evidence.
- Redundancy – Confirmation letter from your employer
- Medical, Pregnancy or Primary Carer – Letter from your GP, Consultant, Midwife of NHS Physio.
- Relocation – Letter from your conveyancing solicitor or utility bill (council tax, gas, electricity, water) or bank statement in your name at your new address.
Any information you provide us with regarding your personal circumstances is treated in the strictest confidence.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate cancellations for reasons outside this criteria or accept as evidence any document not listed above.
Please note that out of fairness to all clients and those who have provided supporting evidence for past cancellations, our staff our unable to action a cancellation request until supporting documentation has been received, however there is always the option to downgrade to our ‘Lite’ membership for the remainder of your agreement or to reduce your monthly payment in the interim while you obtain the necessary documentation.
If you meet one of the above criteria, wish to cancel your membership and can provide an accepted form of supporting evidence, please e-mail us at: [email protected]
Please note that all cancelations are subject to a £35 administration fee which must be paid in order for us to terminate your membership agreement.